Job Title: Machinist
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Purpose: To manufacture quality parts to the specifications of the customer
Set up and trouble shoot CNC lathes and mills to keep department running efficiently. Must include the knowledge of programming and editing CNC equipment. Must have the ability to analyze / act upon inspection data. May include work with multiple machines such as material removing, fabricating, cutting, etc. Works directly with department supervisor to ensure orders are being fulfilled on time.
Primary Position Duties and Responsibilities:
Able to correctly and efficiently setup and teardown equipment in the work cell utilizing approved process as well as aid in process development and improvement.
- Working knowledge of all equipment in the work cell and ability to diagnose a problem and react accordingly
- Monitors programs and makes sure all programs are backed up on network
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines, such as mills, lathes, jib borers, grinders, and shapers.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors, such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Process Controls (participate in DOEs, cap studies, and process development. The intent is to have an understanding of the tools available to facilitate in process development).
- Able to interpret SPC trend and study data from monitored processes
- Detects equipment malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjusting machine, within capabilities controls or control media as required to insure quality of production. Reports all machine malfunctions to Production Supervisor.
- Operates a forklift and lifting devices for movement of parts.
- Communicates with production supervisor, quality and other shop personnel to resolve machining and quality issues.
- Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
- Monitors work load and tooling inventory.
- Provides direction and leadership when supervisor is unavailable.
- Responsible for contributing to the achievement of company goals.
- Helps with day to day production of parts to ensure quality and accuracy is being met.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School or Equivalent
- Machining experience
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Detail and quality oriented
Please fill out and drop off the job application at either the Sioux Falls or Watertown location. You may also mail your application.